Passing along an opportunity to get involved.
Georgians for Reform.
Georgians For Reform works to make communities safer and protect our children through education, awareness, and treatment.
We recognize that registration and residency schemes do not and can not work. We encourage effective legislation, based on empirical evidence focused towards an informed society able to recognize and implement strategies that work.
We seek a justice system based in fact and dealing justice based on the actual elements of the case. We seek a justice system that is fair to both the society it serves and the accused it judges.
- Most people on the registry Molested or Raped a Child.
- Recidivism for Sex Offenders is very high.
- The Registry and Residency Restriction are effective tools to make communities safer and protect children.
- Children are at greatest risk of being the victim of a sex crime from a person on the Registry.
- The most effective way to protect against being the victim of a sex offense is to avoid strangers.
- A person is in the most danger of being the victim of a sex offense from a person on the Registry.
- The Majority of those on the Registry did not commit forcible rape of an adult or a child.
- Recidivism for sex offenders is the lowest for all categories of crime with the possible exception of murder.
- The Registry has had no impact in reducing the incidence of sex offense or in reducing the already low recidivism. rate.
- A child is at least 18 times more likely to be the victim of molestation, sexual assault, or abuse in their own home than being the victim of a person previously convicted of a sex offense.
- An adult or child is 19 times more likely to be the victim of a first time offender, a person who is not and would not be on the registry, than a person previously convicted of a sex offense.
More information here.
Check it out.